Translate

Thursday 30 May 2013

Epic Stages

Hey!

I've been thinking what to write next for this blog because I don't want it just to be full of random ramblings. Well at least not yet anyway. :-)

I have some news which I have been somewhat reluctant to talk about as I'm still not 100% sure if I can do it.

Early this month I found out I got into the National Youth Theatre's first ever Epic Stages course. I cannot even explain to you how excited this news was to me, especially as I decided to make 2013 the year that I 'put myself out there', and to actually get a yes was amazing.

Now I'm sure you're probably thinking err shouldn't you be happy? 

Well fear not, I am :-) what's bothering me is the fact that I can't afford it. The course is £2000 to some people that may not be much, and if that's the case that honestly is great to know you would not be stressing the way I am, but to me... boy is that a lot. What makes it worse I was gratefully awarded a £1000 bursary from them and I STILL can't afford it! (oh boy if I ever make it in this business I would make it my AIM to sponsor as many young people as I can because this is noooo joke). By the way, my student loans company (UK) sent me my statement (not drama school a regular uni course) let's just say the 5 figure sum I owe really has opened my eyes to how far removed I feel from achieving my goal sometimes. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/theatreblog/2012/feb/10/posh-theatre-upper-class-actors

I'm in the middle of setting up a crowd funding website because that and some of the emails I have sent out is the only way I hope to fund that money ( I dread to think my very first yes, will turn into an earth shattering no if I don't manage to).

Anyway, none the less I am very, very happy about the course. I was not going to mention it until I knew I had the funds but right now the only thing that is stopping me from stressing out (I have been up at around 5 am these past few days through worry) is shouting it from the rooftops and being proud of myself.

If I do manage to raise my funds I'll be sure to write a post on how I did it.

Much love and have a good day

Mel x

No comments:

Post a Comment